Saturday, October 15, 2011

Brunette and a Blonde who lost that bond....

I am writing about this specific topic because I actually have time now to go through my house and organzie and replace photos and do a little inner and outer redecorating at home =]Exactally a year ago my best friend and I had parted ways. 5 years was the max amount stamped on the friendship. SO much water under the bridge it can never be repaired. Hurtful actions were done on both parts and its basically embeded in out brain to "hate" one an other. Long story short, I mischiveously "stumbled" across some unfortunate text messages and couldn't stomache what I'd seen. My "best friend" actually said that about me? In disbelief I was giving this person excuses simply because of an immature unfluence that was lingering around her @ the time.(which is why i felt the need to be a detective) But in reality I was the butt end of their jokes. I was wrong for going through the phone and wanted to confront her so badly but her wedding was 4 weeks away and I didnt want to even begin a battle @ this point. More and more occuances had happened, such as "fat" pictures of me saved on this persons computer which was shown to me on accident by her. This person was trusted with my passwords to everything, and to dig into my stuff and find these photos and save them, its beyond me why my weight gain mattered so much to her.(infact, everyone seemed to be fat to her) During the wedding planning I was so not emotionally with it. My mind was so confused and I was wondering WHY I was her maid of honor and why we are playing these games. I chose to close myself off to her. I painted a smile and did what needed to be done.Planned her bachelorette, did bridal showers, and all of the duties (allthough she may beg to differ, but i can guarentee you , she will lose that battle with me because I put a shit load of effort and money into everything!) The bachelorette party had drama, the knife was dug a little deeper in my back.It was just spiraling down farther and farther.Looking back I should have confronted her before the wedding and it would have saved me so much stress and saved her having to crop me out of her photos =] lol And she could have had who she wanted as her MOH. We were both each others Maid-of-Honor at eachothers wedding, and to be honest I think this puts an enormous amount of weight on a friendship. Weddings can bring people together and can tear them apart.There were numerous issues that can not be counted on both hands but thats for another day. ( she lost 3 friends during this and and still doesnt talk to us, and I have only met the other 2 once, but it was a mishap over her first bridal shower) ( that was a jab)....
I have had some amazing things happen to me the past year without what I used to call my bestfriend. I found out Orlo and I were going to be parents a month after her wedding and it changed our life. And she missed out on all of the special moments her "best friend" was having and she will never have someone special like me in her life again. I was there to pick up the pieces for her for 5 years, things she doesnt even know about. I am a great friend, and I can be a bad friend at times. Can't we all? But my great moments out weigh my bad by a ton. Being pregnant and becoming a mother has changed me on so many levels. There is no battle I can not handle and defeat, I am truely not bitter about the past, I am better because of it. We had the greatest times together and if either of us were to deny it, thats a maturity issue and one day she too will hit that aww haa moment and be a strong mature woman. We have never spoke of any of this, I have tried multiple times and asked her to hash it out because our friendship meant too much, but I was unsuccessfull at even getting an acknowledgement. Apparently I didnt hide my emotions during her wedding planning too well if she wont even speak to me.. but like I said, maturity is key! I am so lucky to have the friends I have now, and to be able to look back and learn. Now what should I do with the boat loads of photos I have of us together. Part of me says trash em, but on the other hand, those were some great freakin times and I looked gooood ;-) Any advice what to do with this memorabilia? I am not talking about a few photos, its more like a few hundred topped with a personalized scrapbook from her, and gadgets we have given over  the years.. What would you do with all of these things? Cause in all reality it doesnt matter, I have a beautiful baby girl to fill my albums with and a while new outlook on life. Am I over thinking this?
 To end, I am just going to say I love my long time friends who understand me and accept me big or small. I have plenty of people I can call friends and some I have known for over 20 years, I plan to keep my friends and have weeded out the toxic a year ago and my life has been one amazing trip. I have rambled on and trust me, this story keeps going. Blah blah blah. Any advice on what to do with the brusied memories stuck on paper and given in gifts?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh this post gave me CHILLS! I went through the same exact thing!!! Except for when it came time for my friends wedding.. I seriously couldnt do it anymore.. and it was just a mess. You are right, you have that beautiful baby girl.. and thats all you need! You are such a cute girl Jamie, you should only have amazing friends!!

    <3Kori

    ReplyDelete